Tuesday 2 October 2012

My wedding make up.

I recently got married in sunny Spain, I thought I would share with you the skincare and make up brands I chose to wear on my wedding day.

My skincare regime included moisturising my face with Creme de la mer oil free moisturising lotion, a light lotion that I have favoured for many years now. I used the Creme de la mer eye balm in conjunction with this after I was converted many years ago after it miraculously rid my Eczema.

Before applying make up I applied Clarins beauty flash balm to instantly achieve glowing skin and make my make up last throughout the heat and a lot of dancing!

My foundation of choice was MAC Face and Body in shade C2, this feels very light and natural to wear especially in a hot climate and ultimately lasts the duration. Concealer was MAC Studio finish in shades NC20 and NC30 mixed together, a concealer I have used myself and in my kit for many, many years!  Under my eyes I used a little YSl touche eclat, to finish I set my base using MAC Blot powder in shade medium dark.

For my eyebrows I used Bobbi Brown shadow in shade Blonde brushed softly through my brows to define the shape and clear brow gel from NO.7 to set.  To achieve soft, bronzed smokey eyes I used Urban Decay primer potion in shade Eden as a base to even the skin tone on my eyelid and to ensure my eye make up would last. I next applied Benefit cream shadow in shade Birthday suit on the lower lid blended towards the crease with an urban decay powder eye colour on top. This colour was from an urban decay palette I have actually had for a while and never used but loved the colour when seeking the perfect champagne shade, which I can tell you even for a make up artist was incredibly hard! I spent many hours at make up counters testing colours to find the colour I really wanted. In the eye socket I blended two Nars shades from the Isolde duo and Mulch from MAC.  To define around the lash line I used MAC shadow in Bark and blended with MAC cork shadow to soften.  I finished with MAC Nylon shadow to highlight my brow bone.
I used Bobbi Brown Black gel eye liner to define my eyes which I applied under the eyelid as well as on top, I also applied a Lancome Kohl pencil into the rim of my eye as it was an evening wedding I felt this was acceptable.  I finished with a few coats of Lancome Defincils waterproof black mascara and a few clusters of Ardell individual lashes to make my lashes a little longer and fluttery at the outer corner of my eyes.

I used Dior Bronze compact powder bronzer in shade Honey tan to give a enhanced glow to my skin as well as Daniel Sandler watercolour creme bronzer in shade Riviera to subtly contour my cheekbones and nose.  For blusher I opted for Benefit Cha Cha tint as I knew this would last and is a great feel good summer colour.  I used YSL limited edition golden touch highlighter for the face to highlight my cheekbones, cupid bow and inner corners of my eyes.

I used a MAC lip pencil in shade subculture to define my lip shape and filled in with a brand new lipstick Rouge d'Armani sheers by Georgio Armani in shade 302, a beautiful sheer red. I used a Clarins colour quench lip balm on top which was a mini free sample and did not have a name on the tube but was a beautiful subtle peach tone.

All brushes used were by MAC, Bobbi Brown and real Techniques.

Photograph supplied by David Toms
http://www.davidtoms-weddings.com/



















For bridal make up services in Souhern Spain please see www.marbellamakeup.com
and for services in the UK www.nikimakeup.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment