Thursday 28 February 2013

February Update

February has been a busy and fun filled month for me! It was my hubbie's birthday so we treated ourselves to a holiday in Vegas(as you do!). We had an absolutely amazing time, it is definitely an experience I recommend and such a surreal place, I felt like I was on a movie set most of the time. Whilst there we saw a couple of great show's 'La Reve' a fabulous Cirque Du Soleil style show with unbelievable aqua acrobatics.  We also went to see Rod Stewart at the Colosseum at Ceasar's, this was the highlight of the trip for me, he gave an outstanding performance.  We ate at two of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants which were both great as was the buffet breakfast at the Bellagio (not to be missed). We did a lot of shopping as it is so much cheaper than the UK as well as a lot of walking around all the spectacular hotels. My favourite hotel's were the Bellagio, where we stayed, Ceasars Palace and The Venetian. The 'Warhol Out West' exhibition at the Bellagio was another highlight as were the famous Bellagio fountains and a gondola ride at the Venetian hotel.  We returned from glorious sunny, warm days to freezing cold England and yet even more snow!

Work has seen numerous wedding make-up trials ahead of weddings over the coming months. February also saw my first wedding of the year on the 23rd at The Manor of Groves hotel in Sawbridgeworth.  It was cold and snowing very lightly but was a fresh, bright day perfect for a winter wedding.
I also helped at an event at Sopwell House in St. Albans for a client team building day, it was a lot of fun.  I basically had to do glamorous hair and make-up in five minutes, yes you read that correctly five minutes!  I did this five times during the afternoon throughout a presentation being given by two presenters.  It was a really fun challenge and we were all really pleased with the results.
I also did a test shoot for some new portfolio shots on a freezing cold Sunday at Wrest Park in Bedfordshire, possibly the coldest place in the UK that particular day. My hair-dryer was very handy for defrosting fingers and toes! Images from this shoot will be posted soon.


February was also filled with some of my favourite days of the year Pancake day, Valentines day and the sixteen year anniversary of meeting my husband so all in all a busy February!

X







No comments:

Post a Comment