Friday 15 June 2018

Friday Fave! - MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot

This is my go-to eye base for most of my clients!



It is a perfect primer before eyeshadow keeping eye makeup in place all day without any creasing or wear.  Although it is not specifically sold as a primer more of a longwear cream eyeshadow.  I however have always preferred eye primers to have a little creamy colour to even skin tone so this does the job perfectly.

I like the shade 'Soft Ochre' as it evens out the skintone of the eyelid before colour is applied on top.  You also get the true eyeshadow colour this way as you have a perfect even skintone to apply the colour on to, as opposed to the reds and blues that are naturally on our eyelids which will change the colour of eyeshadow if you apply directly onto this.

I usually set the paint pot with a neutral cream shade of shadow first before applying coloured shadows to set it similar to how you set a foundation with a powder before powder blusher or bronzer is applied.  A colour like Bobbi Brown 'Bone', MAC 'Brule' or the lightest shade in any Urban Decay Eye Palette would be perfect for this.

Eye Primer is essential to keep eye makeup in place and this is definitely my favourite, in my pro-kit as well as my personal makeup bag!

There are nine shades available.  RRP. £16.50.

https://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/13840/1573/products/makeup/eyes/eyeshadow/pro-longwear-paint-pot#/shade/Soft_Ochre


No comments:

Post a Comment