Tuesday 19 May 2020

TUESDAY TIP: My Top Ten Summer Beauty Feel Good Tips!

Summer is just around the corner which means it is time to consider your beauty regime a little more closely.  Here are my personal favourite products that serve me well throughout the summer months and my tips on why I use them.

1.  Protect your hair from the suns ray's, especially if your hair is highlighted or colour treated.  Spray a heat protection spray through wet hair and comb evenly through and dry as normal.  I love L'Oreal Elnett Satin Heat Styling spray.

2.  Don't forget to hydrate and add moisture to your hair as the sun can make it extra dry.  Condition your hair with a leave-in conditioner, this can be a nice enjoyable pamper for yourself as well!  Or if you are super busy leave it to do it's thing whilst you are busy getting on with something else. I LOVE OLAPLEX NO.6 Bond Smoother, a tiny bit goes a long way and has such a dramatic effect on the health and appearance of your hair.  When I say "love" this is by no means an exaggeration!

3.  Don't forget to protect your lips, as these can also burn as well as becoming dry, sore and cracked.
I use Palmers Cocoa Butter SPF 15 lip balm daily thought the summer even under lip colour.

4.  If you have moles, birthmarks, scars... anything you want to focus more attention on protecting, it may even be your ears which are often forgotten! Opt for a small stick or tube in a high SPF50 sunblock to apply specifically to these areas.  I like Piz Buin Mountain Sun cream 50+

5.  Wear SPF on your face and body, a minimum SPF 30 and ideally SPF 50 to protect against skin damage and aging.   I have used Nivea Sun Pocket-Size Protect & Moisture sun lotion for years now as it so small and handy to keep with me in my bag, my professional make-up kit and even in the car so I am never caught out!  La Roche-Posay Anthelios is another recent favourite of mine as it is SPF 50 for sensitive skin, it is a lovely light fliud and non greasy.... just lovely to apply on the face.

6.  If you want to warm up your skin tone a little, on pasty pins for example, just add a little liquid bronzing fluid to your favourite moisturiser and apply to the body for an instant sun-kissed appearance.  I love NARS Laguna Liquid Bronzer.

7.  Bronzer instantly makes you feel better! Use creme, powder or gel whichever you prefer to warm up your skin a little. I like Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Creme Bronzing make-up base for a natural sun kissed glow.

8.  Use a Tinted moisturiser, BB cream or Bronzing Tint to keep your make-up base light whilst giving your face that summer glow.  I love Charlotte Tilbury Healthy Glow, a small amount goes a long way and makes you feel healthy and happy instantly (no joke!).

9.  Carry a translucent blotting powder compact with you to keep your make-up set though-out the day and blot any shine away.  My favourite is MAC Blot powder in shade Medium Dark.

10.  Summer make-up is a must so finally always add a bright pop of lip colour to finish your look and make you feel great. My favourite is a Tom Ford Lip colour in shade Twist of Fate the perfect coral shade for me!

What are your summer faves? Do share with me I would love to know!

Niki x



www.nikimakeup.co.uk
Socials @nikimakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment