Friday 3 January 2020

Friday Fave!: Tom Ford 'Bare Peach' Lip Colour

MAC 'Shanghai Spice' Lipstick has long been an absolute firm favourite shade in my Professional Makeup kit.  It suited so many of my clients as it was a beautifully unusal muted soft peach tone. I found it great on blondes and redheads and a perfect daytime/bridal colour for those that didn't really like pink shades.   I was pretty miffed when they discontinued it recently especially as they have no other lipstick that is very close.  MAC 'Peach blossom' is probably the closest but it is still not right.
So I set about scouring the makeup counters and I found a pretty much identical shade at Tom Ford in fact I prefer it as the texture is much creamier and more comfortable to wear.  At £40.00 it is certainly a pricy lipstick but a nice treat for all those 'Shanghai Spice' mourners out there as I am sure I am not alone!

The picture below shows Tom Ford 'Bare Peach' next to MAC 'Shanghai Spice'.



https://www.johnlewis.com/tom-ford-lip-colour/bare-peach/p1369830

No comments:

Post a Comment